Elder McKay Captain McVey

After our visit with the grandparents, we went to Sacrament meeting in Pacifica. We were totally blown away by the talks given by Julie and McKay prior to Mckay's mission to the North Carolina Raleigh Mission. McKay will be soooo missed by his dad, Chuck, mom, Julie, and especially by his younger bro, Otto. Of course Mollie will miss him terribly too. No, Mollie is not his girlfriend, she's his dog. Julie and I soared down a winding highway, flying around curve after curve, towards the ocean in her BMW. What an exciting way to return home from church.
McKay is like a ray of sunshine in his home. Although he is a most grounded and spiritual young man, he also is bursting with good humor and laughter. He could hardly stop cutting up for a serious picture with his grandma.
Otto cooked Sunday dinner for us, Japanese orzo with chicken. Yes, I got the recipe! Otto is an exceptionally talented piano player, and he has a green thumb with Bonzai trees. What a great kid!!!
Grandma Helen hosted a declicious brunch for us and other Captain family members before we delivered McKay to the MTC. How we love Julie's family. McKay was sooo eager to get going with his first day as a missionary.

Here he goes again, cutting up for the camera! "Please don't make me go. I'll miss you tooooo much!!!" NOT!

2 comments:

mommyshan said...

I'm so glad you got to spend time with the McVeys and especially McKay! I must admit that I really regret not making it, but these pictures help us to share in the joyous occasion. Thanks!

Unknown said...

McKay Captain McVey
hi I am Sharon from Bangladesh plz mail me
sharon.ndc@gmail.com